My Civilization (cont)

So I realized that the last post was a bit truncated, and I apologize. The meat of Civilization V is there, but it's definitely shrouded in alot of ruffage.

First and formost, be very careful when you get this game. I don't usually have a problem with Steam, and I assume this is still the case, but my current gaming rig, which is very mid range should be able to run this game with no problem, and I still experience crashes. For the life of me, I can't pin down a why, but the game likes to stop responding when things start going great, and even when you tab out to do something else.

The game is very high end, running in either DX9, 10 or 11, but all my crashes have been in 11, and I am running both one of the newest cards (Nvidia GTS450), and the newest drivers. The only thing I can imagine is that my hard drive is playing some version of DJ hero that doesn't like that gaming sector.

At this point though, the 2K forums still seem to be ablaze with people running into the same problems of some being able to play with no problem, and others crashing indeterminately.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

No comments: