Work Life Balance

There are a ton of MMO's out there, and it's hard to pick just one to play. During my 5+ years with Galaxies, I've played a few others as well, mostly one's that I could get with my station pass.

Yes, I keep coming back to Galaxies, but that's not the ultimate point I'm trying to make.

Here's a few guidelines for getting the most out of any gaming scenario.
  • Try alot of games. You never know what about different games you might like. Some people hate crafting, because they haven't tried it, but I guarantee being a decent shipwright helps make you a better combat pilot.
  • Take breaks. I usually play until I get a headache, but that's not the type of break I'm talking about. Be sure to balance the time you spend in game with some out of game logged off time. You don't always have to go outside, but there are 2 worlds you live in, and neither of them should be neglected.
  • Read up on your game. There is a ton of valid material about any game you want to play, from reference to guides, etc. It's fairly obvious if you are about to see some form of spoiler, and you can avoid those. But knowing as much as you can about whatever you're playing increases the gaming experience.
  • Share your experience. No man is an island unto himself. So you don't have to act like one. Despite how you may feel about people, I can guarantee you there are others out there who feel the same way. Don't be afraid to network to find them!

No comments: