Looking forward to the ride

2011 is here, and rather than spend this time looking at the 24 games I played and beat last year, I'm focusing on the next batch I'll be playing and beating this upcoming year. It's becoming a bit old to say "This year looks like a great year for gaming", as every year looks like a great year, so I'll say this.

This year definitely will have me back at my PC.

First off, I'm playing Castlevania:Lords of Shadow, which is so far a beautiful and well crafted game. Though it seems to have nothing to do with previous Castelvania mythology, I can forgive that, even if it bothers some of my blogging muses.

Next week, I totally plan to be immersed in DC Universe Online, the latest venture for SOE and DC, completely available with a lifetime subscription. After my total amount of 6+ years with Galaxies, I can see the value of a one time fee, and since I loved my time with Champions, I can see the value of a Superhero MMO.

I know I've got at least one last Mass Effect DLC coming this year, followed probably very closely by Dragon Age 2. The game that is a direct sequel to one of my favorite RPG's every. I don't know how or when it happened, but Bioware went from being a company I believed was vastly overhyped with KOTOR, to being a company that provided some of the best gaming experiences I've had.

Let's assume I'll be picking up Lego Star Wars 3, and while we're at it, lets add in Marver vs Capcom 3, but you can be sure Crysis 2 is also in that mix. I'm loving the world of Crysis, even though it goes against my total hatred/paranoia of aliens (I'm still an Imperial after all), so any chance to kill them is something I'm there for. I know at some point in there, I will also pick up Star Wars:The Old Republic, but exactly how many MMO's can you play at once?

I've also got some extended wait time for Batman:Arkham Asylum, and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Luckily, since I haven't played Uncharted 2, I can add that in the mix, while also padding out some other PS3 exclusives, such as Heavy Rain, Infamous, and this years Infamous 2.

And if I get bored, we can see if the Duke Nukem Forever vaporware becomes a reality, or veg out with some mindless Gears of War 3. And that's not even scratching the surface people.

Happy gaming.

Then to definitely finish out the year, I've got Elder Scrolls V,, Mass Effect 3

No comments: